Care advice for your precious purchase
VA&P Fine jewellery is a precious possession that is designed and crafted to last a lifetime. Follow these simple guidelines and you will have a lifelong pleasure from each piece.
- Store gemstone pieces individually in a fabric-lined box or in soft pouches, so that they don’t knock together and scratch.
- Please do not expose your precious gemstone pieces to salt water or harsh chemicals, chlorine or detergents. These chemicals may slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones.
- Hair spray, perfume and perspiration may cause gold and silver jewelry to tarnish. Apply all cosmetics, perfumes and colognes first before putting on gemstone jewellery.
- Make sure to wipe your gemstones after wear to remove any chemicals, oils or perspiration.
- It is advisable to remove your precious jewellery before swimming, exercise or showering
- Clean in a secure location, not the rim of a sink where a piece may slip down the drain.
- Clean your jewelry often, using only a very soft brush, dipped in warm water and mild baby shampoo; rinse under running water.
- Seriously soiled jewellery should be cleaned professionally.
- Don’t expose colored gemstones to chemicals, solvents or ultrasonics without knowing their specific cleaning requirements.
Treat each piece as if it were a family heirloom, for someday it may be !